This section describes for how to manage channel connector (Integrating between channels that will be used by users with 3Dolphins (Bot and Omnichannel contact center). This below contains instructions on how to access Channel Connector.
Create a Telegram Bot
This section describes for how to make Bot on the telegram, go to the BotFather (If you open it in desktop, make sure you have the Telegram app), by doing the following steps :
- Enter the URL address in the web browser https://web.telegram.org/
- Login telegram account,
- After login telegram account, conduct a search for
@Botfatherand add it to your conversations, or you can directly open the URL https://telegram.me/botfather to start conversations with BotFather.
- BotFather will then introduce itself and will display a START button at the bottom for the user.
- Once you click on the START button, BotFather will provide you with all the commands that can be used for creating a new bot,
- Now, click on the link /newbot from your conversation with BotFather.
- With this command, BotFather will ask you to choose a name for your bot. For now, choose the name
AgustinaBot. BotFather will internally validate whether the name is available. (the name of your Bot is displayed in contact details and elsewhere).
- If it is available, BotFather asks for a username for the newly created bot. For now, choose the username
AgstnBot. (The Username is a short name, to be used in mentions and telegram.me links. Usernames are 5-32 characters long and are case insensitive, but may only include Latin characters, numbers, and underscores. Your bot’s username must end in ‘bot’, Ex : “Testingbot”, “Testbot”, etc).
- At this point, BotFather has created your bot and has also provided a token for your bot. This token can be used whilst wiring up your bot with Telegram bot APIs. Keep your token secure and store it safely, it can be used by anyone to control your bot.
- Check the Bot that has been made, to find out if the Bot has been successful or not by means of private chat to the Bot,
- Check in the browser by typing the url (https://api.telegram.org/botToken_Anda/getupdates).
- If the results are checked on the browser as shown below, then the Bot is made successful.
Create New Channel of Telegram Bot
This section describes for how to mechanism for create new telegram bot channel, by doing the following steps :
- Login as “Administrator“, for the 3Dolphins SRM login mechanism, do the steps described on the “Login” page,
- Click the “Integration” menu in the main menu and selecting “Channel Connector” to create and manage channels account.
- On the channel connector page, click “Plus” button in the telegram bot channel,
- 3Dolphins will be redirect you to pop up channel setting appears,
- Enter “Bot Name” (Name of your bot when you create the name of your telegram bot in botfather),
- Copy and paste the “Bot Token” that was obtained when creating the Bot, click “Save” button.
- Result of create new telegram bot channel,
Channel component explanation :
- Channel Name
- Channel ID
- Delete Button : Click to delete the channel.
- Onlline / Offline Button : Click to turn on or turn off channel. Red means offline channel and green means online channel.
Create New Rule of Telegram Bot
This section describes for how to be able to run the telegram channel “Bot Testing” and how the customer message can be incoming as a ticket to the “Assigned” tab Agent, make a rule first by doing the following steps :
- First, click the “Customer Service” menu in the main menu and selecting “Rule Management” to create and manage telegram channels that have been created.
- 3Dolphins will redirect you to rule management page,
- On the rule management page, click “New Rule” button,
- 3Dophins will be redirect you to pop up add new rule,
- Select the telegram Bot channel was the created. Example, telegram bot channel ‘AgustinaBot‘
- Enter rule name,
- Select rule group,
- Enter max assignment, click “Save” button,
- Successfull add new rule and 3Dolphin will be redirect you to rule management page,
- to add team member, click “plus” button,
- 3Dolphin will be redirect you to pop up add team member,
- Search member will be added (Example search ‘Mira‘), to add team member click “plus” button,
- Added team member successfully,
The Results of the Bot Channel Telegram That Has Been Created
- Click enable toggle to activate channel telegram bot has been added,
- Now you can use this bot for conversations using the URL t.me/AgstnBot or by searching for the name of the bot in the search field, as shown in the following screenshot:
- After searching once, you can select the bot for further conversations. Click on the START button, and the
/startcommand will be sent to your bot to start the conversation.
- Once you’ve done that, you’ll see that your bot has responded to the
- Ticket ‘Telegram Bot‘ customer in assigned agent tab.