This section describes for how to manage channel connector (Integrating between channels that will be used by users with 3Dolphins (Bot and Omnichannel contact center). This below contains instructions on how to access Channel Connector.
- Login as “Administrator“, for the 3Dolphins SRM login mechanism, do the steps described on the “Login” page,
- Select “Integration” menu and then select the “Channel Connector” menu,
- 3Dolphins will redirect you to channel connector page,
How to Create Whatsapp Business App
Download and Install the Application
Before you download the app for business, you need to know a few things :
- If you have a standard WhatsApp account, you can transfer all call/chat history to a WhatsApp Business account. We recommend that you back up.
- You will not be able to transfer your call/chat history back to your regular WhatsApp account once you decide to stop using a business account.
- Both applications (WhatsApp Messenger and WhatsApp Business) can be used on the same mobile provided they have 2 different phone numbers. You can not use the same phone number for both.
Once you’ve decided to download and install the app, you’ll need to do the following :
- Download WhatsApp Business app via Google Play for Android devices or via AppStore for iPhone iOS devices.
- Agree and continue (Once you install the app, open it. You’ll be prompted to accept the terms and conditions of WhatsApp Business. You can choose to read it, and once you’re through with it, click on “Agree and Continue”)
- Add and verify phone number (Once you’re done, you’ll have to add your phone number and verify it. You also need to add your country in the drop-down. Click on Next to verify your code. You will receive a six-digit verification code that you’ll need to enter it in its designated field).
- Restore call history if desired.
- Add your business name and logo (As mentioned before, you can add a whole load of business information. You’ll need to start by adding your business logo and your business name.)
- Build a business page (next step).
In addition, there are 3 verification levels of a business account :
- Verified – WhatsApp verified that a trusted and official brand is the owner of this account. A verified account has a green markup in the profile.
- Approved – WhatsApp has confirmed that the phone number of the account is compatible with the phone number of the business. An approved account has a gray markup in the profile.
- Business account – WhatsApp did not approve or verify the account, but it is a business account. A business account has a gray question mark tag in the profile. This information can be seen by the customer as soon as he enters a business account of a brand or business.
Update Additional Business Information
Now that you’ve added your logo and Business name, you can start adding additional business information. To start the business page setting you must click the menu button (icon 3 points) at the top > then click Settings > then click on Business Settings > and then click on Profile. To edit, click the pencil icon. Here’s the information you’re required to update :
- Profile picture – The image must be of your business, a logo is recommended. The smallest size is 192 pixels by 192 pixels.
- Location – here you must specify your business address, you can also use the map that is there.
- Category – Choose the right category for your business.
- Business Description – Here is a description of your business, it is recommended to specify a description found on your site or on the Facebook page.
- Business hours – You can update the hours of your business.
- E-mail – Email where customers can contact you, we recommend using a business email.
- Website – Add your website here. It is recommended to add links to your social networks such as your Facebook page, the Instagram page, etc.
Then, check that everything is normal and correct. Then click the “Save” button.
Set up automatic messages
As the name suggests, you can automate messages on WhatsApp when your customers get in touch with you.
To start the business page setting, click on the menu button (icon 3) at the top > then click Settings > then click Business Settings > and then continue to the “Messaging Tools” section. Where you can edit these messages.
- Away Messages – Automatic messages can be set as soon as you are not available or out of the office. You can also schedule these messages automatically at certain times, for example when your business is closed.
- Greeting Messages – You can set a notification to be displayed to customers when a customer gets in touch with you for the first time or after 14 days of inactivity.
- Quick Replies – is a messaging option that you can use to respond to your customers with pre-existing message templates. You can access these messages while responding to chats by typing in the forward-slash “/“ symbol. The message templates will appear in the options. This can help you save time while you communicate with your customers.
How to Set Up Your Whatsapp Account in the Facebook Business Manager
To start, first make sure that you have a personal Facebook account to confirm your identity.
- On the page business facebook, click ‘Login’ button,
- After login facebook account, click ‘Create Account’ button.
- Enter a name for your business, enter your name and work email address.
- Add your business detail, click ‘Submit’ button,
- Channel was successful created,
- If you’re a partner or work on ad accounts or pages on behalf of another business, the business invite you to access specific Pages or ad accounts. You can also request access to their pages and ad accounts. Select people section and click ‘Add People’,
Getting Access to the WhatsApp Business API
- On the whatsapp business API page, click ‘Get Started’ button,
- And then, you will be redirect to the page facebook business,
- Create an account whatsapp business API successfully,
- Log in to Business Manager and click ‘Business Settings’ button in the top right corner.
- Under Accounts, click WhatsApp Accounts and click Add which will then prompt a new window.
- On the Create WhatsApp Account screen, input a name for your business under Account Name.
- In the Account Type field, there will be three options:
- Select Your Account if you are creating a business account for yourself.
- Select Client’s Account if you are creating a business account on behalf of a business. You will need to enter their Business Manager ID, which can be found in their Business Manager Settings.
- Select Create New Account if your client does not have an account and you need to create one for them.
- Under Time Zone, select the local time zone for your ads to run.
- Under Local Currency, select the local currency of your business.
- The currency you enter must match the currency you plan to pay the invoice in.
- Under Payment Method, select a method of payment for your ads. If you don’t have a current line of credit for payment, you can set up a WhatsApp Business API line of credit.
- Click Done,
- Under People, search for people you want to add to the account or select from the list.
- An Admin role can make any changes to the account.
- A Developer role can only edit account settings.
- Click on the role you’d like to assign to each person.
- Click Save Changes.
- Once your business account is created you can start with integration in 3Dolphins SRM.
How to Set Up Whatsapp Business
Registration a Phone Number
To register, you must have a valid phone number and the certificate associated with that phone number.
- Go to the link URL your whatsapp business.
- Click Registration menu, then enter your Country Code and enter the Phone Number you want to register in the text box.
- Select your preferred method (Send code via sms or send code via phone call),
- Upload your certificate (certificate string is generated for you and is used for validation during WhatsApp Business API client registration).
- Go to the Business Settings in the Facebook Business Manager.
- Click on WhatsApp Accounts under the Accounts menu, then select your WhatsApp Account from the WhatsApp Accounts list, if it isn’t already highlighted.
- Go to the Settings tab, and click the WhatsApp Manager button.
- Under the Phone Numbers tab, you should see your phone numbers listed. Click Download for the phone number you want the certificate for.
- A pop-up dialog will display the certificate string in a gray box. Click Get Certificate.
this certificate string in the
certparameter when registering with the
- Enter your two-step verification PIN (Optional).
- Click “Submit” button,
The settings that you can configure in the Web Business Tool are :
- General (Unhealthy Interval, Heartbeat Interval and On Call Pager)
- Webhooks Webhooks. You can also set up Webhooks so you can process incoming messages from people who respond to you on WhatsApp. These Webhooks process incoming text, location, media such as pictures and documents, and the status of the messages you’ve sent. We’ve prepared a code sample so that you can test this with a couple of clicks. If the Webhook URL is not set, then callbacks will be dropped. Callbacks are an important channel to deliver, both timely notifications as well as out-of-band errors, and it is thus highly recommended to configure the Webhook URL endpoint. (Control webhooks settings of your WhatsApp Account including Webhooks URL, Callback Backoff Delay, Max Concurrent Request, Max Callback Backoff Delay and check Callback Persist)
- Media (Auto Download Media – Audio, Document, Image, Video and Voice)
- Messages (Check Pass Through and Sent Status)
Select the “Account Settings” tab to configure settings for your WhatsApp Account. Control different settings of your WhatsApp Account including the About, Profile Photo, Business Profile Address, Description, Contact Email, Business Category and Websites.
You can set up message templates that are standard messages you may want to send to your customers. The benefits of message templates versus plain text messages are many and will continue to grow. To highlight just one, when sending a message to a contact for the first time, WhatsApp displays buttons to mark the conversation as spam or block the number. With message templates, we know already that the template is a valid one, so these buttons won’t show if your business is verified, allowing for a better user experience.
You can use the
messages endpoint to send Message Templates to your customers.
- Namespace : The namespace that will be used.
- Element Name : The element name that indicates which template to use within the namespace.
- Language : Allows for the specification of a deterministic or fallback language.
- Fallback : Deliver the Message Template in the language that matches user’s language/locale setting on device. If one can’t be found, deliver using the specified fallback language.
- Deterministic : Deliver the Message Template in exactly the language and locale asked for.
- Configure parameter for this message : To define Message Templates, you specify a
namespace and an
element_namepair that identify a template. Templates have parameters that will be dynamically incorporated into the message.
- Default : Default text if localization fails.
- Currency : The Whatsapp Business API Client will attempt to format the currency based on a specified localization. If the currency object is used, it contains required parameters currency_code and amount_1000.
- Time Component : The time is assembled from components (i.e., day of the week, month, hour, etc.) The time specified will be the same, regardless of the time zone the client is in.
- Unix Epoch : The time to be displayed is dependent on the time zone the client is in.
messages endpoint to send text messages to your customers. A
text message can be a max of 4096 characters long.
You can send the message using media (Document).
You can send the message using media (Image).
Create New Whatsapp Channel
This section describes for how to mechanism for add whatsapp channel, by doing the following steps :
- Login as “Administrator“, for the 3Dolphins SRM login mechanism, do the steps described on the “Login” page,
- Click the “Integration” menu in the main menu and selecting “Channel Connector” to create and manage channels account.
- On the channel connector page, click “plus” button in the channel email inbox,
- 3Dolphins will be redirect you to pop up channel setting appears,
Field Explanation :
- Channel Name : The name of our whatsapp channel.
- Phone : The phone number that your WhatsApp Business API client has registered.
- Username : Username of whatsapp business.
- Password : Password of whatsapp business (Must be a minimum of 8 characters and a maximum of 64 characters)
- Guest Name : The name which guests will see in their screen as sender.
- URL API : URL Whatsapp Business API to integrate with 3Dolphins.
- Add whatsapp channel successfully,
Properties explanation :
- Channel Name : The name of our whatsapp channel. (Tricks : hover on top of channel name to view the channel port)
- Channel ID : Channel ID
- Channel URL Edit Button : Click to edit channel URL. If connecting with proxy, please adjust the URL accordingly.
- Channel URL Copy Button : Click to copy channel URL to clipboard.
- Delete Button : Click to delete the channel.
- Onlline / Offline Button : Click to turn on or turn off channel. Red means offline channel and green means online channel.
- Make sure channel url has been added port, (Hover on top of channel name to view the channel port, see the image below)
- Update the URL channel by adding a port be obtained ‘31832‘. See the image below.
How to Add New Whatsapp Channel Rule
This section describes for how to be able to run the whatsapp channel and how the chat customer can be entered as a ticket to the “Assigned” tab Agent, make a rule first by doing the following steps
- First, click the “Customer Service” menu in the main menu and selecting “Rule Management” to create and manage channel email inbox that have been created.
- 3Dolphins will redirect you to rule management page,
- On the rule management page, click “New Rule” button,
- 3Dophins will be redirect you to pop up add new rule, select the live chat channel was the created (example : ‘Whatsapp Testing‘),
- Enter Rule Name,
- Select rule group,
- Enter max assignment, click “Save” button,
- Add rule channel email successfully, 3Dolphins will be redirect you to rule management page,
- Add team member, click “Plus” button,
- 3Dolphins will be redirect you to pop up add team member,
- Search member will be added (Example search member name ‘Mira‘), to add team member click “Plus” button,
- Added team member successfully,
- Click enable toggle to activate whatsapp channel has been added,