This section describes for how to manage channel connector (Integrating between channels that will be used by users with 3Dolphins (Bot and Omnichannel contact center). This below contains instructions on how to access Channel Connector.
Create a Telegram Bot
This section describes for how to make Bot on the telegram, go to the BotFather (If you open it in desktop, make sure you have the Telegram app), by doing the following steps :
- Enter the URL address in the web browser “https://web.telegram.org/“. And then, login your telegram account,
- After login telegram account, conduct a search for
@Botfatherand add it to your conversations, or you can directly open the URL “https://telegram.me/botfather“ to start conversations with BotFather.
- BotFather will then introduce itself and will display a START button at the bottom for the user.
- Once you click on the START button, BotFather will provide you with all the commands that can be used for creating a new bot,
- Now, click on the link /newbot from your conversation with BotFather. With this command, BotFather will ask you to choose a name for your bot.
- For example, choose the name
KurniawanBot. BotFather will internally validate whether the name is available. (the name of your Bot is displayed in contact details and elsewhere). If it is available, BotFather asks for a username for the newly created bot.
- For example, choose the username
Kurniawanfambot. (The Username is a short name, to be used in mentions and
telegram.melinks. Usernames are 5-32 characters long and are case insensitive, but may only include Latin characters, numbers, and underscores. Your bot’s username must end in ‘bot’, Ex : “Testingbot”, “Testbot”, etc).
- At this point, BotFather has created your bot and has also provided a token for your bot. This token can be used whilst wiring up your bot with Telegram bot APIs. Keep your token secure and store it safely, it can be used by anyone to control your bot.
- Check the Bot that has been made, to find out if the Bot has been successful or not by means of private chat to the Bot, Check in the browser by typing the url “https://api.telegram.org/botToken_Anda/getupdates“. If the results are checked on the browser as shown below, then the Bot is made successful.
Create New Channel of Telegram Bot
This section describes for how to mechanism for create new telegram bot channel, by doing the following steps :
- Login as ‘Administrator‘, for the 3Dolphins SRM login mechanism, do the steps described on the ‘Login‘ page,
- Go to Integration menu and click the channel connector menus, then you will see a channel connector page such as images below.
- On the channel connector page, click plus button in the channel telegram bot, and then you will see a pop up channel setting, fill in the fields as needed and click the ‘Save‘ button, such as images below.
- Field Explanation :
|Bot Name||The channel name of the telegram bot to be created.|
|Bot Token||The token is obtained when you create a telegram bot.|
- The telegram bot channel that was successfully added, will appear according to the example image below.
- Channel component explanation :
|1.||Channel Name||The name of the telegram bot channel.|
|2.||Channel ID||An ID, you register with 3Dolphins. Each channel registered in OmniChannel 3Dolphins has a different ID.|
|3.||Delete Button||Allows you to delete telegram bot channels.|
|4.||Online/Offline Button||Allows you to online or offline the telegram bot channel. The offline button indicates that the channel is offline, and the online button indicates that the channel is online.|
|5.||Refresh Button||Refresh your channel at any time to ensure you are always up to date with the refresh button.|
Create New Rule of Telegram Bot
This section describes for how to be able to run the telegram bot channel “Kurniawan” and how the customer message can be incoming as a ticket to the “Inbox” tab Agent. After you make a telegram bot channel, make sure that you add the telegram bot channel to the rule. To create a new rule channel, go to Customer Service menu and click the Rule Management menus, then you will see a Rule Management page, on the top right section click the ‘New Rule‘ button, as shown below.
You will see a pop up to add a new rule channel, select the telegram bot channel (kurniawan) by clicking the add channel icon ‘‘ and then you will be asked to enter the rule name and max. assignment ticket on the channel.
|Field Name||The name of the channel rule to create.|
|Max. Assignment||How many tickets are assigned to the channel.|
- The telegram bot rule was added successfully, and you will see the rule telegram bot in the list of rules management page, as shown in the image below.
- After the rule channel is successfully created, to be able to receive incoming chat from telegram bot, add team members to the rule by clicking the add icon ‘‘
- Team members successfully added and appearing on available teams, you can configure priority and max. assignment ticket that can be entered or handled by an agent.
In order to get a bot response when you send a message, you need to attach the bot. You can find it in the Bot Settings menu> Bot Manager> Channel Deployment.
- Now you can use this bot for conversations using the URL t.me/kurniawanfambot select the bot for further conversations. Click on the START button, and the
/startcommand will be sent to your bot to start the conversation.
- Once you’ve done that, you’ll see that your bot has responded to your chat.
- And, the chat will incoming to the inbox tab of agent as shown below.